Saturday, October 12, 2013

Thank You!

Well, I thought the poem I wrote "Sweet Chords" several posts back was one of my best... I went ahead and posted it on FB. When I got back from the concert, sat down on my bed and opened my computer, I saw one of my friends on FB had left me one of the best compliments I have ever received. I've been struggling to get on my own two feet and keep moving forward. The whole poem was about the world being empty, and that it often seems like our existence does not matter. In fact, a poem a read earlier today expressed it aptly... we can often feel like a wrung out rag tossed away. She said that when she was recovering from cancer and wanted to give up, one of my NCOs brought her a copy of my book and told her not to give up. She started reading and as you can see, it made a difference. Thanks Kat!! You made my week!

Kathleen XXXX  Did you write this? I can't get my IPad to show me the link you posted... Crazy thing. If so and you did write it, it's BRILLANT. Again another work written with so much clarity and vision. You are incredibly talentet. Keep up your writing, it would be a heartache to the world if you didn't. You see you inspired me when I was going through my cancer treatment. When Steve gave me a copy of your works, it inspired me to write. It kept me going even when it just seemed senseless. Now I have all those pages, appx. 300 to look back and see how strong I was. You helped me and I want to thank you. Even if this wasn't your writing, continue to write. it inspires the aritists in all of us.
Yeah. LIKE. 

Man. Still rereading that. 
Sometimes you receive a gift, and you don't know what to say except Thank You!


No comments:

Post a Comment