Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Summer's gone, Summer came, Summer will return

I guess I've entered the timeless place in my life. The world between worlds.

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/029/2/c/The_Wood_Between_the_Worlds_by_Rionx.jpg
They talk about people entering a place between reincarnations. They exist as a small bright light that flits over the countryside and the city. They fly high in the sky in the bright morning sunshine with sadness in their heart. I don't know. This is a low time, but its also a good time. I feel like life has truly become a deployment... In Iraq I learned the natural rhythm and cycle of the world. All the externals fell away. Even holidays. We sat outside in the sunset once, sat on some old Iraq steps made of rough hewn stone and felt the fall rolling in. My friends and I contemplated out loud that we had been here too long b/c we remembered the light changing the same way a year ago. The old battered Iraqi base had become home... we remembered the wind and the light. Summer had gone, this town had become home, but we had no place to go...

Listened to this song... going Sixties style. lol Remembering my past hippie life I'm sure. That would explain the extreme nostalgia. This is me... totally me and my mood.


No comments:

Post a Comment