Friday, October 11, 2013

Jump Starting My Heart


I've always loved Albert Camus'  quote that amid the winter of his heart burned an invincible summer. However,  sometimes the winter wind can blow cold. It is hard to sustain the fire. Right now,  my heart is a dead engine on a chilly winter's day.  I keep trying to jump start it like a motorcycle,  but smoke just poofs out.
The invincible summer engine of Mike Burns needs fuel.  So,  I am pouring in art. I bought supplies today... I will start with doing my sketches of Picasso's work,  esp guernica. I have a whole portfolio of emotive portraits and nudes from d. art I collected over the last three years.  I am actually really excited to start producing.
My other goal is to develop a photographic theme for Kuwait.  I want to do a show of my work when I get back. So much to do. . . Lol so much time.
I am grateful to Francesca Woodman for showing me it's not the size of the canvas that matters but the work created on it.  While there is something truly magnificent about a large empty canvas, it is a relief I can work with 8" by 12".
;-)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment