Monday, October 7, 2013

Otherside

My phone died earlier in the middle of texting the kids. I plugged it in and accidentally fell asleep for a couple hours. When I woke up it was dark. I walked the mile to Freedoms Crossing,  ate something... bought some cigars, wandered around like pvt Witt, lost in my thoughts.  They have a ten screen AMC movie theater, and I was hoping Riddick movie was playing but nope.

Found a nice bench,  just sitting and thinking. . . Actually,  I put on Red Hot Chili Peppers and just relaxed. The Chili Peps are perfect for my vein of thinking right now. Listening to them is like going on a road trip next to the ocean at night with a full moon overhead.

If you embrace the quiet moment,  it isn't sad,  it is actually comforting.  Like Marcellus Wallace's wife says in Pulp Fiction, sometimes it's okay to sometimes just not say a word,  just to shut the fuck up and savor the silence.  I paraphrase,  but she is absolutely right . . . When you need to take it onto to the "otherside", that's what you have to do. 

Guess that it is what I'm doing...  I've been sliding.  I've been taking it on.  For years. And I've finally done a combo move of stopping and combining all those into one act that involves a new direction. 

I'm taking it on by sliding to the "Otherside". I think I'll call my mental place right now "Otherside".

And I might just watch a movie. . . Just like this song says,  "Standing in line to watch the show tonight... and theres a light on ... heavy glow. .. underneath the marquee".

Welcome to "Otherside".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eS5je5rf-Ms&feature=youtube_gdata_player

1 comment: