Sunday, November 10, 2013

Amy Winehouse Tribute

Amy Winehouse, epitome of poise
With sultry tones and a rolling beat,
Her incredible vibe, that husky voice!

When I heard she died,
It stopped me cold, middle of the day,
Horns beeped at me, center of the street.
I did not know her,
Yet I mourned.
She was bad girl beautiful
Secretly vulnerable yet invincibly strong
Glorious in her imperfection,
She flipped devastation the bird
Even to the end, she owned every stage
Magnificent swag melted into tragically sad
She was a failure but always a fighter
A badass bitch, helluva survivor.
She stared the cameras down, kept it real
Her eyes flashed and spoke
In the face of addiction, she danced
At the height of pain, she sang
Fired from her heart-chords, the vocals came.
Amy Winehouse, I am sad you died.
You were a bad girl with a good soul.
I pictured you at your funeral, quietly asleep,
Face framed by that luxury of hair.
A dangerous snow-white in a beautiful dress
The tattoos on your arms told a story,
They were folded across your chest.
Winehouse, I barely knew you
But the failures who keep fighting
Those of us who are survivors-
On tough days, we listen to your music
Rest easy girl, just know you are missed.

Amy Winehouse, epitome of poise
With sultry tones and a rolling beat,
Her incredible vibe, that husky voice!

















No comments:

Post a Comment