Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Kanye West - Jesus Walks



On 3 hours of sleep... after all my midnight motivation, I was deflated.
Masterchief called me out right away on like three things.
I got mad, got huffy... Through a conniption. He basically looked at me,
addressed the real issue, and then basically said, this is not the boy scouts...
you want to be a fucking Jedi, then stop taking things personally and get
disciplined, stop being emotional, and and when I punch you in the face, get back up.
That's paraphrased... then we did suicide awareness training and everyone started
checking on me, although that also made me mad.

In the end, I submitted myself to the mentorship of Masterchief.
He told me if I wanted to learn, than he was ready to teach, but he did not want to hear any more words, just actions. And if I said I would do something, I better by God do it.

And then, with tears in my eyes here as I say this, he stuck by my side all day, and patiently trained, beat me, encouraged me, and worked with me all day. We even ate lunch at our desks together.

Day one of Masterchief training. I am sore, but I feel a small grain of character like the beginning of a pearl. I actually submitted for real- I admitted I was undisciplined. He did not apply discipline, he forced me to confront my indiscipline every time I show it. Even made me clean up my coffee pot... I was livid, but he took the time to calmly show me each spot and how I am the only one who drinks coffee black. And then he simply asked why I was upset when he only told me the truth. That was when I realized I just had to submit. So I admitted, and asked for his help.

I thought it would suck, and while yes, it was humbling sometimes, I actually took some pride at meeting some deadlines today.

Oorah!

One step at a time...

No comments:

Post a Comment