Friday, December 6, 2013

Ganesha

So, during ac maintenance the Thai workers saw my Sri Ganesh statue with fresh flowers. I noticed that at least 5 extra workers came in,  abd they were smiling when they left. .. I figured out they were looking at my statute.  After that I've saw a big group of them all chattering about it. I walked by and they all smiled with big eyes and did these little bows etc like at a Thai restaurant I used to eat at. Now they go out of the way to shout good morning to me etc.  It's actually sad bc if they only knew my real story but they obviously love seeing one of the white,  army,  "important" Americans honoring their native deity although I am barely functioning in the real world. 

It is funny how a pathetic illusion can actually give others hope bc I actually did something to help someone bc of it.

Every Saturday I go to the coffee shop,  get a cappuccino and a blueberry muffin as a weekly treat, then I sit under the sunshade with a book and pretend I'm not here.  So this worker comes over and I see that he is one of the ones who knows "my secret". He does the namaste thing and utterly embarrassed asks me to help him buy deodorant. They are not allowed to use the Px but I could tell it was prob bc the dude NEEDED deodorant. I set the coffee and muffin down and took care of it. He was very grateful and disappeared.  2 minutes later all these MPs and the bitchy air force female in charge of aafes show up looking for him.  I saw them talking to a soldier with big silver mirror raybands on  .. an archetypal cockface DiCK who the poor stinky dude must have asked before seeing the safe Ganesha guy walk up. I hope he got away.

So, am I being a hypocrite?  No. No one was meant to see ganesha. I was NOT trying to do anything.  That shit happens regardless.  Wtf.

No comments:

Post a Comment