Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Culmination of Soul

Tblisi.
A distant city I've studied 
But never been.
There are so many things
I simply do not know.
The isle of Malta is carved from stone
On a beach in Crete, 
Evening waves come in.
As I walk beneath these trees
There is a cool breeze 
Hint of thunderstorm.
In Hawaii, a sponge centuries old,
Cincinnati,
A gorilla falls so a boy may live.
Despite complexity of world,
I sense a culmination of soul,
Rhythm of tides, ebb and flow
At the Port of Baku 
Big ships come, then they go.
My daughter lies on the couch
Her sigh from a darkened room,
She watches television.
Been wandering forever
Texas and Virginia, Washington
Kansas and Qatar, 
Washington again.
Show me that open road
Turtleshell thoughts in a Uhaul truck
Big Sur ocean for my Kerouac soul.



No comments:

Post a Comment